Monday, November 05, 2012

DIY - artichoke lamp


So I saw those lamps on the web somewhere and I fell in love with it, since it's so unique. I thought I'd try and make one myself, it worked out, and I'm already making some for my friends. It's really easy to do, I was done in less than an hour.
This is what it will look like;

You will need
- Scissors
- 2 road maps
- glue
- Regolit (ikea)
- something round





I took something round, in this case the lid of a little box. With a pen draw around it. I was able to draw two circles on this side.

Then you want to cut the circles out, because the map was folded multiple times I only had to cut once to become lots of circles.
This is the result, you want lots and lots of these circles. I used about 2 maps for the whole lamp.
At this point I selected the ones that I wanted more visible and thereby lower on the lamp.
Then you can start glueing them on, put the glue on one side, about 4/5 centimetres. Make them overlay each other on  one side only.
You want to work as if it were fishscales. You will sense how you like it, you have enough time to move it around before it will permanently stay in place.








The finished result!

0 comments:

Post a Comment